What is a civil partnership ceremony?
This is the new legal relationship which came into force in December 2005, giving same sex couples the rights and responsibilities, by allowing them to cement their relationship in a legal and binding way. By law Register Offices have to offer you the Civil Partnership Registration.
But I will help you to design and conduct a tailor made ceremony unique to you - one that will make your commitment that extra bit special for you both.
The ceremony can be held at any venue of your choice.
- Would you like to make that special entrance?
- Do you have a special piece of music?
- Do you have a poem that is dear to you both?
- Do you want to design and say promises to each other?
- Do you want to exchange rings?
- Do you have family and friends who would like to say a few words?
If you feel that you do not want to make the legal commitment at the Register Office - you can just have a Commitment Ceremony, which has no legal standing but can be another way of celebrating your life together.
If you would like to enquire about having a civil partnership ceremony, I would be delighted to hear from you. Please Contact me.